Challenging yourself is something everyone can agree on is that it can be difficult, sometimes you can’t even find the motivation to do it! This month I have given myself a challenge to blog twice a week and I have already blogged this week Finding Your Purpose and I am already thinking about the third or fourth blog I’d like to write. The second blog I wanted to write was something personal, for everyone to get to know me a little bit more. I saw this type of blog on a friend’s blog of mine and I was instantly inspired! So here it goes, please comment as well if you do the same thing! I love to hear from you.
6 Unknown Facts About Me.
- I am the youngest of three, I have two older sisters who both have two beautiful children. Victoria, my eldest sister is mother to Morgan(boy) and Bethan and my other older sister Krysta is mother to Arianna and James. They are both inspiring to me in different ways, they show me what hard work can do to you and how far it can take you.
- I met William on the 27th of March 2014, we didn’t actually get together until May 8th 2014. When we met, I intimidated him and scared him a little (he told me this) but we spent most of the evening sat talking to each other. For the entire time in April we spent getting to know one another and becoming great friends, texting and face-booking until the early hours of the morning, too meeting at McDonald’s for coffee and just going with the flow. We haven’t looked back since and now we are expecting our first child and moving in together.
- I am ridiculously obsessed with sheep, it’s not a Welsh thing but a Mel thing. For as long as I can remember I have always loved farm animals. My nickname to most friends is Melly Moo so naturally I love cows but there is something about cute little sheep that do something to me. I have a sheep tattoo which is for my Nan after she passed, she use to call me her little lamb. If you were to come to my house, you would see multiply sheep toys, mugs, ornaments and more.
- I officially started photography the day after my 15th birthday. My first camera was a little Kodak point and shoot 6 mega pixel camera. My first models were close friends and family, it slowly then turned into something else. My second camera I was gifted for my 18th birthday, it was an Olympus E420 DSLR. That camera taught me all the basics to what I now know however I always wanted a Canon so when a friend of mine was selling his Canon 400D, I had to have it! I paid £200 and it never left my side. When it came to an upgrade, I went to a Canon 650D and now finally I own a beautiful Canon 5D Mark 3. It’s been such a wonderful technology journey in terms of kit. I have always tried to upgrade when my work grew to a different level. I will always understand it’s not just about the kit but once I started officially shooting weddings full time, I knew I needed to upgrade my kit from the 650D to the Mark 3.
- I became obsessed with the internet world around the age of 12 and I’ll be honest here, it was all through the online community of pixel dolling. I created a world for myself through the internet. I then went onto joining a vampire role play forum which created my interest in blogging and writing and it was during that time photography came into my life. I am forever grateful to my old online friends at the start of my photography journey, they were my first viewers until I moved it all over to Deviant ART.
- Here are some little facts as I can’t decide what one to pick. I have a rescue Greyhound named Jack and a Stafford Bull Terrier named Oscar with William. Jack lives with my parents and Oscar lives with Will’s. I have been driving for nearly three years and always said I would never have a French car; I own a Clio. I love fresh air, there’s just something about breathing it in. I adore the sea but I’m not a big fan of actually jumping into it, I would rather sit on the beach and listen to the waves crashing against the rocks. I am forever writing lists and goals for what I want to aim for. I have a 10-year plan and longer after that, I’m not normally organised but I have so many thoughts running through my mind I need to write it all down. I hate cheese unless its melted, the smell of coffee puts me off drinking coffee, I’ll have as many cups of tea without evening thinking about the caffeine level I have consumed. I LOVE sweets! My favourite are Skittles and American Nerds and I enjoy watching Grey’s Anatomy, Game of Thrones and The Vampire Diaries.
I hope you have enjoyed this little insight of me. Please comment any of your thoughts, some facts about yourself and of course if you are just as weird as me!